Crispy with Shiso Leaves Tender Chicken Tempura.
You can have Crispy with Shiso Leaves Tender Chicken Tempura using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy with Shiso Leaves Tender Chicken Tempura
- You need 2 large of pieces Chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ★ Umami seasoning.
- You need 1 of very small amount ★ Ginger juice (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Tempura flour.
- Prepare 20 of Shiso leaves.
Crispy with Shiso Leaves Tender Chicken Tempura instructions
- Remove the skin and white fat from the chicken breast meat. Diagonally slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces against the direction of the fiber..
- Put the chicken and the ★ ingredients in a dish, massage in the seasonings, then marinate for half a day. (Tip: The sake gets completely absorbed into the meat if you let it marinate overnight.).
- Chop off the stem of the shiso leaves, then cut the leaves into halves. (To make 40 pieces in total.).
- Prepare the tempura batter as per the instructions on the tempura flour package. Place the shiso leaves on one side of each of the pieces of chicken, and dip them into the batter with your hands..
- Gently deep fry in 160°C oil until crispy. Keep the oil at a low temperature since heating the chicken meat at a high temperature will make the meat tough!.
- By keeping a thin layer of tempura batter over the shiso leaf, the green color will show through and add a nice visual touch..
- Since they also taste good cold, they make a perfect obento item. I put them on top of rice covered with a layer of nori seaweed..
- Serve it with lemon in your obento..